Thursday, June 3, 2010

Next HVAC part




There's his goofy check valve contraption that needs to go on top of the A/C housing that will mate up with the ductwork beneath the dashboard once the dashboard is back on. It's hard to see in the photo, but there are a couple of flaps with counter-balances on them that open and close depending on the air pressure around them. When the fresh air blower is on (it sits on top of the firewall and above these flaps) the flaps close, keeping the air from blowing down into the A/C housing. When the A/C blower is on (below the flaps) it will blow the flaps opened and push the air through the ductwork beneath the dashboard.

In theory.

Mine has been around so long that the flaps pop out of their hinges and get stuck opened.





There's also the disintegrating foam issue. As you can see below, the piece doesn't seem to be designed to sit flat on top of the A/C assembly.



I'm going to have to replace the piece of foam that used to be in there - I'm pretty sure it's the piece in the photo in my previous post.

Next time, I'll show you how I wound up getting this back together.

Some day I'll get to the electronics, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment